Monday, March 5, 2012

March Math

I had so many compliments on my last math mat,  I thought I would create a St. Patrick's Day one for you. Hopefully I created enough columns this time. According to Wikipedia there are eight different marshmallow charms in a box of Lucky Charms. Wal-Mart sells an off brand in a big ole bag. I might just buy that and baggie it up for each student. Click {HERE} or on the picture for your free copy.
When I was young, I would spend hours looking for four leaf clovers in the yard. I thought it would be fun to hide some around the room for the kids to find. Then let them write the multiple and factors of each number. I may put a four find limit on students. That way each student should end up with about four each. They could always pair up if they didn't find enough. If you teach younger students, I made an even/odd T-chart sort for them. Click {HERE} or on the picture for your free copy.

Let me know what you think of these activities. If you have any other ideas or ways for me to improve these, I would love to hear about them. Good luck as you continue to create magic in your classroom!

6 comments:

  1. I missed out on the last math mat since I am a new follower. I LOVE these! I can't wait to use them with my students! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! And thanks for being a follower.

      Selina

      Delete
  2. These looks awesome Selina! Great job creating it. I especially like the idea of hiding four leafed clovers all over with math connections on them. Off to print :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I'm thinking the cheap off brand Lucky Charms will probably have fewer charms, but I don't think the kids will mind.

      Selina

      Delete
  3. I shared this on my fan page, and hope that is OK I'm sending people over here. This is a very nice freebie! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! I love it when people share my stuff!

      Selina

      Delete