Friday, January 13, 2012

QR Valentine

 I try to incorporate as much technology into my lesson plans as possible. I thought I would let students make a QR voice Valentine card. Most students know someone who has a Smartphone. I don't have one, but my teaching buddy does.  I will borrow hers to show students how cool it is. This is really simple. Visit the QR Voice website and have students type in a message; such as, "I love you, Mom," (It can't be more than 100 characters.) They will need to use the scroll bar to re-size. I re-sized mine to 136X136 but larger or smaller sizes will work, too. Then print and paste on Valentine printable.  Click HERE or on the picture for the free GoogleDocs Valentine printable. If you still need help, I've made a little video tutorial on how to generate a QR voice image.







Teacher Tip of the Week
Check out a great blog post on MLK Day from The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher.



And here's a free video version of the book, Martin's Big Words. 



4 comments:

  1. I love all the possibilities with QR codes. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm following your Green Classroom!

      Delete
  2. Zanzar said they no longer convert utube. since utube is blocked on our school computers do you have any other easy ways to show utube in class?[ps. i am a tech dork so it hAS to be REALLY easy]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sorry! I used Zamzar all the time. I now use Real Player. I just hover over the video to download to my computer. I hope that helps!

      Selina

      Delete