Saturday, January 28, 2012

Word Art

If you've used and enjoyed Wordle, then let me introduce you to my newest tech toy, Tagxedo. You type in words and then turn those words into shape art. This is perfect for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day.Actually, there are so many ways you can use this site to create classroom projects. Here's an outline of a two day lesson:
Day 1: Make a class poem together, and show students how to create and print a poem using Tagxedo. .
Day 2: Give students the Love My Poem template.( Click HERE for a free copy.) Let students write the poem on the template and then type the words into Tagxedo. Have them print.

I don't have a colored printer at school, so I'm using colored paper instead.


It is a pretty easy site to navigate. Watch the video tutorial I made if you need help.

If you want to make it a little fancier, you can have the kids finger paint fingerprint hearts inside the big heart.
This is part of the awesome Collaborative Heart Project Fundraiser organized by Jaime at hands on  as we grow.


6 comments:

  1. The fingerprint hearts are so cute! I LOVE using tagxedo with my kids. I just included it in my latest writing unit.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,

      I'm star struck! Thank you so much for commenting on my little ole blog. I'm a follower of yours. I screamed when I saw your comment. My hubby didn't care too much for that:) Love your stuff!

      Selina

      Delete
  2. I am loving everything on your blog! You are amazing and so creative!

    I am your newest follower! I would love for you to visit me if you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather! Love your blog, too. I'm following you now.

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! I have to try this with my kids :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete