Sunday, April 1, 2012

Create an Insect Freebie


Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! I love my Insect Unit. Although I teach this unit in the Fall, I know many of you teach it in the Spring. Here's a couple of freebies maybe you will be able to use. The first is a free e-book, Bug Out. Click the cover to access it. After you read the book let students play the Create an  Insect game. You may play a few different ways. Use the true-false question cards I made. Or use the blank cards included for students to research and create their own game card questions. Younger students could just spin to see who could create an insect first. Click {HERE} or the picture for your copy.


 I also let my students create a bug, and we play Insect or NOT Insect. They make a bug and other students must tell whether or not it's an insect based on its characteristics.

I hope you enjoy these activities. Good luck as you continue to create magic in your classroom!



14 comments:

  1. Is this not the neatest site for free books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I use it ALL the time, and you are the one who showed it to me. THANK YOU!!!

      Selina

      Delete
    2. This looks so fun! I wonder how I can fit this into 2nd grade standards!

      Hilary
      Rockin' Teacher Materials

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Hilary! I hope you can squeeze it in. It is one of my favorite science units.

      Selina

      Delete
  2. What a neat idea! I bet the kids had a blast putting the bugs together :)

    And I agree...that is a GREAT website for free books!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site. And I love your game. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I really appreciate the kind words.

      Selina

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love We Give Books in our home! What a cute idea for making the bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun idea. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your site through Pinterest! I'm excited to use this resource in the fall with my new insects unit! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love teaching students about insects. It is one of my favorite units.

      Selina

      Delete